8000 - battle for the open source

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• 8000 - battle for the open source

Hello,

Vorsicht, hier kommt ein recruitment-post ;)

First the teaser

Im a design-student from Germany. Some time ago i was infected by the power of open source community.
    Unfortunately I never saw a turn based rpg game, which is set in the future.
    After some thinking I was ready to create an own project. I hope we can enrich the open source culture with this project. I hope this project will be not one of many open source games which copy commercial games and dont innovate.
    I searched a long time for a good open source turn based rpg game engine, and i found the engine of this game
    allacrost.org/
    It has much potential.

Now the biggest problem with my naive idea is:
    Im not a coder. Im a just a designer.
    I never heard words like "Subversion (Version Control for Source Code)".
    So i mostly failure in the simples tasks...I cant even set up the code on sourceforge....
    And a project needs at least one coder.

You as coder will not obey my ideas. I just want to create "stylish"-art for a game.
    So it will be the other way around ;D Because YOU as coder has a much bigger value than me as designer.
    That means that you will be the administrator.

So if you would like to create probably the best looking 2D open source game, you are welcome.

Something about me:
    Im seriosly interested in this project, im sure we could even create a new RPG Primus.
    I will develope this project at least 2,6 years (end of my studies) and I will consistet improve my skills and use them for this project.
    The skills which i already have:

- very advanced Photoshop knowledge
    - advanced After Effects
    - advanced 3D Studio max
    - advanced Zbrush
    - advanced Adobe Flash
    - advanced HTML, CSS
    - basics in PHP, Java-Script

The Homepage:

eightk.org

Visit the Art development forum:

sourceforge.net/apps/phpbb/e...wforum.php?f=4

Here some screenshots (this game could be looking like this if a coder would compile the new code....help please!)

img251.imageshack.us/img251/1613/desertu.jpg

img20.imageshack.us/img20/9714/desertcave.jpg

I hope you are interested in this project!
    Contact please only per project-forum.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen Anton